Posting payments to an order can be done on the order form as well as on the Post Payments page. This article is on using the Post Payments page. To post a payment, follow the steps given below.
1. Navigate to Accounting->Post Payments.
2. In the Search Unpaid Orders section, select the user from the User drop down list to search unpaid orders based on specific user. To search based on all users, select All from the User drop down list.
3. To search the unpaid orders based on date range (if enabled via setting), click the Date Range option. Then select the starting and ending day, month and year.
4. To search the unpaid orders based on period range (if enabled via setting), click the Order Period option. Then select starting and ending periods from the respective drop down lists.
5. You can also enter the order number in the Order # text entry box to search for a specific order.
6. After selecting the required criteria, click the Search button.
7. The search results will be displayed in a table format. It has the following fields.
Name – Specifies the name of the order.
Order # - Denotes the order number of the order.
Ordered – Denotes the ordered amount.
Paid –Specifies the amount already paid.
Due – Shows the amount that is due.
8. To post payment for an order, click the Payment link in that order row. The Post Payment dialog box will be displayed.
9. Select the type of the payment from the Type drop down list. This field is mandatory. The available options are configured on the Payment Options page (Settings->Payment Options).
10. If the Check option is selected for payment, Check # will be appended. Enter the check number in the Check # text entry box (optional).
11. Enter the amount for payment in the Amount text box. This field is mandatory.
12. To add payment details, click the Add Payment Details link. Date and Notes fields are appended. Select the date in the calendar by clicking on the Date text box.
13. Enter details of the payment in the Notes text entry box.
14. Click the Post Payment button at the end.
15. You can view the payments that are made recently in the Recently Posted Payments section.